- Checking insurance eligibility
- Preparing and submitting billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
- Ensuring the patientís medical information is accurate and up to date.
- Preparing bills and invoices, and documenting amounts due for medical procedures and services.
- Collecting and reviewing referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Monitoring and recording late payments.
- Following up on missed payments and resolving financial discrepancies.
- Examining patient bills for accuracy and requesting any missing information.
- Investigating and appealing denied claims.
- Helping patients develop patient payment plans.
- Maintaining billing software by updating rate change, cash spreadsheets, and current collection reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health care administration, accounting, or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a medical biller or similar role.
- Solid understanding of billing software, electronic medical records and Spreadsheet.
- Must have the ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational abilities.
- Great Attitude and Communication
- Able to report to the office on 3x/ week hybrid or full time basis.
At least 2 years’ experience in medical billing or similar role