- Reviewing patient bills for accuracy, collects and completes any missing patient information.
- Reviewing patient accounts and determining appropriate billing distributions
- Preparing, reviewing and transmitting claims, including electronic claim processing.
- Following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe.
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount.
- Calling insurance companies to verify eligibility of patientís dental coverage
- Submitting Preauthorization to various insurance companies for patients services to be rendered.
- Identifying and billing secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Collecting co-pays, issues receipts, post payments and reconciles receipts.
- Performing accurate data entry.
- Other tasks that may required by client.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience as a medical biller, preferably in dental practice.
- Experience in using Dentrix is required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with ADA codes, claims and dental terminologies will be advantageous.
- High-level interpersonal skills with a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to work with sensitive patient information while maintaining the confidentiality.
- Ability to work during evenings and on Saturdays when needed.
- Time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with software such as Dentrix and CliniView Xray system.
- MUST HAVE STABLE EMPLOYMENT HISTORY.
- At least 1-2 years of billing experience and knowledge in dental billing tools and processes.
- With knowledge and experience on using Dentrix as PMS.
- Clearly understandable and can communicate well in English.
- Has experience making/receiving phone calls to clients or customers.