The Outbound Calls Representative / Appointment Setter (Healthcare) will be responsible for making outbound calls to pain management patients that are seen in the hospitals by our physicians and nurses, with the objective of scheduling follow-up appointments in our offices to continue their care.
- Make daily outbound follow-up phone calls to recently discharged pain management patients seen in the hospitals by our providers. (80-100 calls per day)
- Schedule appointments in adherence to the physician’s schedule, location, and availability. (Must schedule more than 20 appointments weekly)
- Keep a report with the date of the call, time, patient name, phone number, insurance, and call action/result.
- Follow approved scripts and notate communications with the patients.
- Follow up with the patients who did not answer the call.
- Meet the goals set by the department (i.e., 400-500 outbound weekly calls,20-25 appointments set per week, shift and attendance policy adherence, quality targets, etc.)
- Send the list of appointments scheduled to the Coordinator every day at the end of the shift.
- Provide patients with information about procedures, treatment options, and services offered by the practice.
- Contact patients to reschedule/change/move appointments.
- Provide patients with directions, addresses, and details regarding their appointments.
- Present a positive, professional, and high-energy approach to patients.
- Follow HIPAA and other security and privacy guidelines when handling protected health information accessed during work activities.
- Other duties as inbound calls, data entry and faxes revision may be assigned as needed.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, outbound call experience, and upselling experience.
- Must have oral and written fluency in English and Spanish
- Persistent and comfortable with repetition
- Good communication skills, friendly and conversational
- Must have the patience and ability to engage patients in conversation.
- Must be persuasive and highly motivated to make appointments, with the ability to close them without being perceived as pushy.
- Telemarketing experience/Sales experience
- Familiarity with EMR systems
- Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Positive attitude and the ability to attract patients with a warm, gentle disposition.
- High school degree
- Willing to be cross-trained (i.e.: inbound calls, data entry, other clerical duties as needed)
- MUST HAVE STABLE EMPLOYMENT HISTORY.
- At least 1 year exp outbound call experience
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish (oral and written)