- Reconcile general ledger and bank accounts. Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of reconciliations and timely identification and resolution of reconciliation exceptions and outstanding items.
- Prepare general ledger entries to correct posting errors and clear suspense accounts. Manage the invoice approval workflow.
- Perform all duties and interact with internal and external customers in a manner aligned with the Company’s Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Exceptional Services (TIES); Customer Experience Competencies of Customer Interaction, Empowerment and Ownership; and Basic Skills of Listening, Oral Communication, Written Communication, Action Orientated, Thoroughness, Problem Solving.
- Perform daily and monthly general ledger & bank reconciliations.
- Typical accounts that are reconciled include suspense and clearing accounts, cash and bank accounts, deposit accounts, bancontrol accounts, and various assets and liabilities.
- Prepare monthly accrual, amortization, and expense allocation entries.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of reconciliations and the timely identification and resolution of reconciliation exceptions and outstanding items.
- Manage the invoice approval workflow.
- Monitor the AP email for invoice submitted and forward to Concur for processing.
- Processing invoices in Concur (code with the proper GL and cost center, route to the appropriate personnel, monitor and reroute as necessary).
- Research and respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Perform other Finance Operations functions, including but not limited to 1) assisting other areas as needed to reconcile priority tasks 2) responding to branch/department inquiries or research requests 3) Researching and processing entries.
- Assist to evaluate and implement process improvement to streamline, automate work and create efficiencies.
- Knowledge of and compliance with the state and federal laws, rules, and regulations, and the bank’s policies and procedures, affecting the employee’s job duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act and related requirements, the lending, deposit, and other consumer protection regulations, and industry, ethical or fiduciary practices or standards, as applicable.
- Performs all other job-related duties as required or assigned.
- Experience in reconciling general ledger and bank accounts, GL entries, invoice approval, preparing monthly accruals, amortization, and expense allocation.
- Highly organized, keen to details, good communication skills both oral and written†
- Must have basic knowledge in computer navigation, MS Excel, and other applications.
- 3+ years of exp in bank reconciliation or general accounting
- Must be knowledgeable in the basic functions of Excel (i.e. basic calculation, VlookUp; SumIf, Pivot, etc)