Employer of Record (EOR) Philippines
In the Philippines, an Employer of Record (EOR) is a company that provides employer services to businesses who want to hire staff in the Philippines. It functions as a third-party service provider and handles all the administrative work and compliance requirements related to hiring employees.
In the Philippines, Employers of Record (EOR) fill a vital role. They’re responsible for handling the tedious—but essential—legal and administrative tasks that are required for employee management.
Specifically, an EOR in the Philippines will be responsible for:
Processing employee payroll, including deductions for income tax, social security and withholding tax
- Enforcing government mandated benefits such as paid holidays, maternity leave, health insurance and other legally mandated benefits
- Handling regulations related to visas and work permits
- Registering employees with government agencies
- Managing local compliance regulations such as labor laws
- Distribute payslips and tax documents to employees
- Terminating employees in accordance with Philippine labor laws
- Maintaining employee records according to local regulations